SHREVEPORT-BOSSIER CITY CRIMINAL DEFENSE
Securing exceptional legal counsel is the most important thing a person can do when facing criminal charges. At the Whiddon Law Office, our lawyer knows how big of a difference having an aggressive criminal defense attorney on your side can make and urges you to take action to secure legal defense as soon as possible. If you are facing criminal charges in Shreveport-Bossier City or the surrounding areas, reach out to our law firm directly today for a consultation and the responsive legal help you need.
Our Practice Areas
Our law firm is ready to represent you when you need it the most. Being charged with a crime is scary and intimidating; our law firm will provide personalized, attentive legal services that are aimed at protecting your best interests. Our lawyer is experienced in a wide array of criminal defense practice areas, including:
- DWI/DUI. If you have been charged with a DWI/DUI crime, you may be facing jail time, license suspension, large fines, mandatory classes, and more, not to mention a mark on your permanent record. We can defend you against charges and help you to navigate your legal options.
- Misdemeanors. Don’t be fooled into thinking that a misdemeanor crime is too insignificant to warrant legal counsel—this type of crime will show up on your record and could impact your opportunities in the future. Get legal help immediately.
- Felonies. Felony crimes are the most serious crime types and can have both immediate and long-term consequences. Drug charges, violent crimes, white-collar crimes, and more may all be charged as felony crimes.
- Drug charges. Drug crimes are harshly penalized in our state and Louisiana does maintain mandatory minimum sentencing requirements for some drug crimes, which means that you may go to jail or prison if convicted. Get help immediately.
- Violent crimes, sex crimes, and domestic violence. Violent crimes, including assault, battery, sex crimes like rape or sexual assault, and domestic violence carry serious penalties in our state and can impact your future if convicted.
- White-collar crimes. While white-collar crimes almost always involve non-violent financial crimes, these crimes can be charged as felonies and lead to years behind bars. Working with an attorney who is well-versed in white-collar criminal defense is strongly recommended if you’re facing charges.
- Theft. Theft crimes are penalized based on the type and the value of the property involved in the crime. There are both misdemeanor and felony theft crimes in Louisiana.
- Weapons crime. Committing a weapons crime is a very serious offense in our state and can lead to severe penalties, including incarceration without parole in some cases.
- Homicide. Homicide is one of the most serious felony offenses. Homicide is different from murder. The state of Louisiana recognizes both negligent homicide and vehicular homicide as crimes.
- College student defense. Our law firm can represent college students facing alcohol charges, marijuana possession charges, sexual assault charges, and other charges. Call today to improve your chances of avoiding a conviction that can disrupt your future.
- Expungements and record sealing. Finally, we work with those who have been convicted of crimes in the past to pursue record sealing and expungement.
Call Today to Get Started
If you have been charged with a crime, don’t hesitate to take action to exercise your legal right to competent legal representation. Call our Shreveport-Bossier City criminal defense attorney at the Whiddon Law Office directly today for a consultation about your options and how our lawyer can help.